Tuesday, August 18, 2009

AN UNCONVENTIONAL ENDING...


" I wish I had never trusted you! you are such a player!!"....cried the girl in desperation.
"Oh my God! now what have I done?why can't you
trust me...please don't go"....the boy was pleading to her.
" what did you say? trust ...and you!!! ..biggest joke of the century, I was blind, really I was blind and that's the reason why I neglected the fact that you are a world class flirt and you...." her voice nearly choked and she failed to e
xpress all her anger,despair and agony; she was going through at that time.
" Hey ..listen to me....look at me...I..." he could not complete his words and she cried loudly "shut up! please shut up! you dont deserve an
ything, you are just a worthless,heartless,emotionless flirt"
" Oh dear,my Ankita..don't be that much angry,now " this time also he couldn't finish and she shouted in amazement and awe " Wha
t? what did you say...I am Ankita?? oh my God! what are you? you cant even remember my name...who is this Ankita? tell me how many girl friends do you have?You are a loser,idiot...you suck! and you know what...you are sick...you guys are sick!! get lost!!"
She jumped off the chair and hurried towards the train that was entering the platform. Not for once she looked behind and she was gone.He was still sitting there, still shocked by the gravity of the situation and embarrassed by what he has said. He was still wondering how can a girl humiliate him like that! And it was really too much degrading for his male ego.
Suddenly he heard a sound of laughter and it
caught his attention, he turned back and found an young girl who was sitting there and trying hard to conceal her laughter by pressing her handkerchief on her mouth but her effort was not enough, rather it was making the sound even weirder ! It seemed she was so much amused by the situation and it was too much funny and entertaining for her!


He asked himself..."Isn't it really funny?you are dating a girl since two months and you forgot her name!! ha ha! but still how can I remember, there are so many of them!! so.. take a chill pill"
and he started laughing. The girl turned behind and noticed that he was looking at her.She tried to look stern but alas! she was too amused to look stern.She stopped laughing for a few seconds and then she again started laughing and this time more loudly than ever!
Some people are gifted with the ability to make a gloomy atmosphere bright, they shine in the midst of darkness,they bring hope and
they can make anyone forget about their pain and sorrows. Her infectious smile and her innocence was enough to make him laugh at his own stupidity.
They stared at each other,directly for the first time.And he was stuck by her eyes.There was something special about them...calm,serene,deep and mysterious.Those black eyes left him speechless and bewildered.Those eyes were magical and made him gasping for some air! His heart beat fastened.He was intoxicated...he was charmed...he was breathless...he was taken aback by her mesmerizing glance, by her tantalizing beauty.
"Hey! why are you laughing? so funny! isnt it?"

"oops! I am really sorry but I could nt suppress my urge ... sorry for that!"
" Oh no..its ok" he tried to make her feel easy,"It was actually funny, but I think she will hate men after this incident, I tend to leave bad impact on most of the people...I am really a bad guy...So tell me, do you hate men?"
"Oh please! I love men " she replied with a chuckle.
"Ohh, that's really unexpected, ha ha! but may be you love men because you always have had fond memories associated with them....is not it?"
"Hmm...thats quite true, but you know what
,I am not typical girly kind of person...in fact I dont understand women! I have only few girl friends,most of my friends are men!"
"ok...now I understand.Good! " commented the boy with a naughty smile.
It were a few moments of silence,but she started talking again,"so...you are a player right? but I think not a good one,I mean you
can not play safe,or at least not this time",she chuckled.
"Ha ha, yeah you r right...but you know what..you are exceptional,most of the girls would have considered this incident as degrading to their dignity,humiliating,devastating etc etc.So it seems you are not a feminist."
"Hmm I dont take everything too seriously,I am kind of happy-go-lucky person.And yes,I am not a typical feminist but I believe in
equality of both men and women,so may be an "equalist" if there is any term like this" she replied with twinkle in her eyes and her unyielding exuberance.
" You are extremely funny and exceptional.I like exceptional girls" he replied with his naughty smile and raised his left eyebrow a little bit.
"Hey Mr. now you are flirting with me and I would like to inform you that I am also a good flirt and sadly my flirting standards are qu
ite high than yours! so...be careful" ,she uttered these words with pride and a little arrogance.
He was going to say something,suddenly they heard the announcement that the train going to Dumdum will be late by 10 minutes.
"Oh no! again today I will be late",he expressed his irritation.
"Oh sorry for that...but I am gonna take the trai
n to Tollygunje, hopefully it will arrive on proper time" she expressed her concern and suddenly her tone raised," Oh by the way, what is your name?" she asked the boy.
"Bond, James Bond!" was the answer of the boy again with with naughty chuckle and this time he chuckled a little bit more than the previous occasions,which revealed the dimple on his right cheek,and it made his smile even naughtier.
"Oh,cool ! nice to meet you Mr. bond...but who is the female lead this time?or rather do you have any?"
"You are...if you dont mind accompanying me! may I know your name?"
"Yeah sure! I am Miss. Stranger" she almost bu
rst out in laughter.
"Ok fine.So tell me Miss Stranger where are you going?"
"Well, I will get down at Tollygunje,the last metro station!"
There was silence for a few seconds and then the boy started" Ok did you realise one thing?...You know what,we meet people,different types of people in our everyday life,we like some of them,and dislike some of th
em.Each individual has different story and when we meet them each time a new story is created! however short or lengthy it may be! Now today we met,and a new story has started, I am wondering what will be the ending? Do you have any clue?"
"Hmm...you are being quite philosophical ! Well it can be like this...I will take my train and you will take your train and then it will be the end!".
" But dont you think it is quite an boring and conventional ending? I mean we are quite weird peoples..and the ending must be weird one...is not it??"
"Ok..I have an idea, you fall in love with me and
propose me right now,but I reject and you get so frustrated you jump infront of the running train and commit suicide,....oh my God at last my train is coming!!" she clasped her hands in joy and surprise.
"Oh no! please take the next train...dont leave me!ok please tell me one thing quickly....what is it between us? I mean what kind of relationship is it?what do you think?",he was too eager to know " Well.....some
relations don't have any name!" she replied with a little indifference and ignorance in her voice.The train had arrived, and the door opened.
"What if we carry forward and give it a name called friendship?I will wait for you tomorrow same time same station! please meet me! will you?" he uttered these words with a hint of request.

"You want an unconventional ending to this story...dont you think your idea is too conventional? bye Mr. bond" She shrugged her shoulder a little bit and took the train and in a few seconds she was gone!
And he kept standing there,completely bewildered.

No comments: